Terms and Conditions
- Temple of Dream (‘TOD’, ‘Promoter’, ‘our(s)’) operates competitions. These competitions are skilled prize competitions resulting in the allocation of prizes in accordance with these Terms and Conditions (‘The Terms’) on the website www.templeofdream.com (the ‘Website’) (‘the Competitions’).
- The Competitions are open to all persons aged 16 and over from the UK and the age of majority in their country of residence, excluding the Promoter’s employees or members of their immediate family, agents or any other person who is connected with the creation or administration of our Competitions.
- By entering a Competition, the entrant (‘Entrant’, ‘you’, ‘your(s)’) will be deemed to have legal capacity to do so. You will have read and understood these Terms and you will be bound by them and by any other requirements set out in any related promotional material.
- The Competitions are governed by English Law and any matters relating to the Competition will be resolved under English Law and the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- If you participate in a Competition you will be deemed to have accepted these Terms. In doing so you confirm you are not breaching any laws in your country of residence regarding the legality of entering our Competitions. The Promoter will not be held responsible for any Entrant entering any of our Competitions unlawfully. If in any doubt you should immediately leave the Website and check with the relevant authorities in your country.
- The Competitions may only be entered online via the Website. One or more Competitions may be operated at the same time and each Competition will have specific prize options.
- Availability and pricing of Competitions and tickets is at the discretion of the Promoter and will be specified at the point of sale on the Website. Pricing will not be applied retrospectively to orders already completed.
Your Entry into a Temple of Dream Competition:
- To enter a Competition, you must provide an email address and your contact details, including your name, postal address and phone number.
- Each Entry can only have one email address attributed to it at any given time. You cannot attribute multiple email addresses to an Entry.
When playing a Competition, follow the on-screen instructions to:
- Select the Competition you wish to enter, choose the number of tickets (one ticket is equivalent to one ‘Entry’) you would like to purchase, and answer the skill-based Quiz;
- When you are ready to complete your purchase, provide your contact and payment details. You must check your details carefully and tick the declaration at checkout, confirming you have read and understood our Terms;
- Once payment has been made, we will email you to confirm your order. If you answered the skill-based Quiz correctly, you will then be entered into the Competition you selected. If you have answered the quiz correctly you will not be deemed entered into the selected Competition until we confirm your order back to you by email. You will not be entered into the draw if you get the Quiz wrong, but you will still be charged.
- Once a payment has been made, it will show up on your bank statement with the descriptor being ‘Temple of Dream, London’.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any Entries if it has reasonable grounds for believing that an Entrant has contravened any of these Terms.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, all Entries become the property of ToD and will not be returned.
- Entries are limited to one hundred (100) per person, per competition. Abuse of this limit will not be tolerated and if the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe an Entrant has exceeded that limit, for example by entering a Competition using multiple accounts, it reserves the right at its sole discretion to void any or all orders made by that Entrant or, should that Entrant’s Entry be drawn to win a prize, to award that prize to a newly drawn, legitimate Entrant.
- If any Entrant using a single account exceeds 100 entries in a single Competition for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to void any of their Entries without notice. This will be done initially on a chronological basis with respect to the Entrant’s orders and then on a sequential basis with respect to Entry references contained within an order, so as to void any Entries exceeding the first 100 tickets entered into the Competition.
- Each Competition will run for a specified period. Please see each Competition for details of start and end times and dates (‘Promotion Period(s)’).
- The correct answer will be determined prior to close of the Competition by RandomDraws, the independent promotional verification service. Within forty-eight (48) hours of the end of each Competition, all eligible Entries received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period will be reviewed. All Entrants that correctly answered the question will be entered into a random draw to select a winner (or winners, for example first, second or third, depending on the type of Competition entered, as applicable) (known individually as a ‘Winner’). The draw will be conducted by RandomDraws.
- Once the draw has been conducted, a Winner will be selected. Within twenty-four (24) hours of an Entry having been identified as a Winner by RandomDraws, the Promoter will attempt to contact the Winner to confirm they have won a prize using the telephone number and email address provided at the time of Entry (or as subsequently updated at the request of the Winner) and held securely in our database. It is the Entrant’s sole responsibility to check and update these details and ensure they are accurate. If for any reason they were not entered correctly at the time of Entry, or have subsequently changed and the Promoter was not provided with the updated, correct details, the Promoter will not be held responsible.
- Within five (5) days of the Promoter attempting to contact the Winner to notify them they have won a prize, the Winner must respond in writing to confirm acceptance.
- If for any reason the Promoter is unable to contact a Winner within 5 days (which may be extended at the sole discretion of the Promoter) of them being selected by RandomDraws, or the Winner fails to confirm acceptance of the prize within five (5) days of being contacted by the Promoter, or the Winner is disqualified as a result of contravening any of these Terms, the Winner will forfeit the prize and it will be awarded to a newly drawn Entrant. For the avoidance of doubt once the prize has been forfeited, the original Winner will have no further claims against the Promoter.
Extending, modifying, suspending and / or termination of our Competitions
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify (including, but not limited to, extending the closing date) or suspend a Competition (‘the Situations’).
- The Promoter, in any of the Situations, reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to invalidate any affected Entries.
- In the event the Promoter closes a Competition early, the Winner will be selected from all valid and eligible Entries received by the Promoter prior to the date of closure, except that the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to close a Competition early without selecting a Winner. In the event that a Competition is closed without selecting a Winner, the Promoter will give all Entrants their money back.
- Upon being selected as a Winner, ToD will contact the Winner to request a copy of their passport to confirm their identity, age and to prove that if the purchase was made by debit or credit card, that the card was legally theirs. If the card used to purchase an Entry(s) was not legally theirs, the Entrant must provide proof they had authorization to use it before any prize will be paid or delivered. The Winner must provide proof of identification and ownership of the card used in the transaction within five (5) days of their being contacted by ToD to confirm them as a Winner. Any failure to meet these obligations may result in the Winner being disqualified and the Promoter choosing an alternative Winner.
- The Winner will also be notified of the prize, or prize options as applicable, associated with the Competition they entered. In addition to confirming their acceptance of a prize, they must also provide written confirmation of their choice of prize, as detailed in the Competition prize information on the Website that they entered. They must provide this confirmation within five (5) days of being contacted by the Promoter.
- Following receipt and verification of the details requested by the Promoter, the Winner will be contacted to make arrangements for delivery of the prize. The Winner must agree delivery arrangements with the Promoter for the prize within seven days.
- If the Winner fails to comply with any of the time periods stipulated, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to invalidate the winning Entry and arrange for an alternative Winner to be drawn. At that point the original Winner forfeits the prize. For the avoidance of doubt once the prize has been forfeited, the original Winner will have no further claims against the Promoter.
- All Winners will be required to provide photographs and / or videos and/or pose for photographs and / or videos taken by the Promoter or by a third party upon the Promoter’s request, which along with the Winner’s name and / or social media handle may be used in future marketing and public relations by the Promoter in connection with the Competition and to identify them as a Winner of a Competition (‘the Content’). The Winner consents to the use of the Content in this way but can refuse consent at any time up to it being published. This refusal must be received by the Promoter in writing. All photographs and videos will be deemed to be property of the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any liability incurred by the Winner upon publishing the Content.
- In the UK the prize will be delivered with UK VAT paid in full.
- In the EU the prize will be delivered exempt of UK VAT but any further costs (additional VAT/taxes/import duties/registration costs due in the final destination/country to which it is delivered) will be the responsibility of the Winner.
- In all other countries the prize will be shipped (net of all taxes) to the nearest port to the address nominated by the Winner. Any applicable import duties, registration costs, or any further taxes or duties of any nature due in the final destination/country will be the responsibility of the Winner. The Promoter reserves the right not to deliver to certain countries.
- A Winner, upon their request, has the option of either taking delivery of the prize or claiming a cash alternative (‘Cash Alternative’). The Cash Alternative varies depending on the prize. Should the Winner want to know how much the Cash Alternative will be, they must make this request in writing. In the event they choose the Cash Alternative, that decision must also be communicated to the Promoter in writing.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any insurance or servicing costs associated with the prize.
- All expenses associated with the prize not expressly specified in these Terms as being the responsibility of the Promoter are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- All prizes are subject to the Terms of the Promoter, manufacturer or supplier of the prize.
Cancellation and Refund policy
- All Entries to the Competitions are final, non-transferable and no refunds shall be made at any time or for any reason, except in the case of Entries submitted after the Closing Date for which payment has been taken.
- Should the Winner request so in writing, the Promoter will store the chosen prize, free of charge, for a maximum of 30 days (‘the 30 Days’) from the day the Winner has confirmed acceptance of it. At the end of the 30 Days the prize will be delivered to the Winner to the address details provided by the Entrant.
Winners’ Personal Data
- All Entrants’ personal data provided in order to enter a Competition is automatically stored on the Promoter’s database for the purpose of conveying information as to the status of the Competition they have entered (including, but not limited to, for example, confirmation of entry and correspondence following a win, as applicable), as well as any future Promotions or Competitions offered by the Promoter (‘the Purpose’).
- All Entrants’ personal data will be retained only for as long as necessary to facilitate the Purpose. Once the Purpose is no longer required then an Entrant’s personal data will be deleted within seven (7) days.
- All Entrants can opt out of receiving information regarding ToD’s promotions or Competitions at any time. Should an Entrant wish to opt out, that request must be received in writing, with that request actioned as soon as practicable and, in any event, within twenty-four (24) hours of the request being made.
- Save for any information the Promoter is required to retain by law, all Entrants may request their personal data be removed from our database at any time. Any such requests must be received in writing. Should an Entrant make such a request, ToD will confirm their personal data has been deleted as soon as practicable and, in any event, within twenty-four (24) hours of the request being made.
Limits of Liability
- The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability of any of the goods or services offered as prizes. Except for liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Promoter, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss suffered by or sustained to any person or property including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods by any person to the Winner(s) and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying or associated with the Winner(s), or in connection with any of the Competitions promoted by the Promoter.
- No responsibility will be accepted for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, for the acts or omissions of any service provider, internet accessibility or availability or for traffic congestion or unauthorised human act, including any errors or mistakes. The Promoter shall use its best endeavours to award the correct prize for a Competition to the correct Entrant. If due to reasons of hardware, software or other computer related failure, or due to human error a prize is awarded incorrectly, the Promoter reserves the right to reclaim the prize and award it to the correct Entrant, at its sole discretion and without admission of liability.
- Should it become necessary for the Promoter to reclaim the prize, the Winner agrees to facilitate the return of the prize to the Promoter. They must ensure the prize is available to be collected by either the Promoter or a nominated third party within seven (7) days of the Winner being notified the prize must be returned. The Winner must ensure the prize is returned in the condition it was delivered to them, including any paperwork (including but not limited to the box, manufacturer’s guarantee and instruction manual). Should the prize not be returned in the same condition, or at all, the Winner shall be responsible for any loss incurred by the Promoter regarding that prize.
- If for any reason any aspect of a Competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, the Promoter will not be held liable. If such a situation arises, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a Competition, and invalidate any affected entries.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any economic or other consequential loss suffered or sustained to any persons to whom an award has been incorrectly made, and no compensation shall be due. The Promoter shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the software and website(s) used to operate its Competitions perform correctly and accurately across the latest versions of popular internet, tablet and mobile browsers.
Data Protection Notice
- Any personal data that you supply to the Promoter or authorize the Promoter to obtain from a third party, for example, a credit card company, will be used by the Promoter to administer the Competition and fulfil prizes where applicable. In order to process, record and use your personal data the Promoter may disclose it to (i) any credit card company whose name you give; (ii) any person to whom the Promoter proposes to transfer any of the Promoter’s rights and/or responsibilities under any agreement the Promoter may have with you; (iii) any person to whom the Promoter proposes to transfer its business or any part of it; (iv) comply with any legal or regulatory requirement of the Promoter in any country; and (v) prevent, detect or prosecute fraud and other crime. In order to process, use, record and disclose your personal data the Promoter may need to transfer such information outside the United Kingdom, in which event the Promoter is responsible for ensuring that your personal data continues to be adequately protected during the course of such transfer.
- If any provision or part-provision of these Terms is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted, but that shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of this agreement.